Tax Collection and Appeals
The firm represents both individuals and companies facing tax collection by the Internal Revenue Service, California Franchise Tax Board, and the state taxing agencies. We are known by our clients for saving substantial amounts of money and devising innovative solutions to resolve complex tax problems. A sampling of our work includes:
- Negotiating and obtaining installment agreements or offers in compromise.
- Appealing an IRS collection action (such as a levy or the filing of a tax lien) to the IRS Office of Appeals through the Collection Due Process or Collection Appeals Program.
- Seeking a release or withdraw of a notice of federal tax lien or levy and a return of the client’s money or property.
- Representing clients, who have received an IRS collection summons seeking the production of books and records or testimony.
- Trust fund recovery penalty cases where the IRS seeks to assess a penalty against an individual.
- Preparing and negotiating claims for innocent spouse relief.
- Handling clients with delinquent or unfiled tax returns or unreported income.
- Representing clients who seek audit reconsideration to contest the amount due to the IRS.
- Counseling clients who seek to discharge taxes through bankruptcy.