Our firm handles bankruptcy tax matters in the Northern District of California and the Central District of California (Orange County, Los Angeles County, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, San Luis Obispo County, San Bernardino County, and Riverside County).
We represent individuals, business and consumer creditors, and other interested parties in a Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 case. We often serve as “tax counsel” to other bankruptcy law firms handling bankruptcy matters. There is usually no charge for an initial telephone call regarding a bankruptcy tax case. If we decide to move forward, we set up a more detailed meeting to discuss case strategy.
Please visit our Bankruptcy Tax Law blog for more information. Examples of the types of bankruptcy tax cases we handle include the following:
- IRS enforcement inside and outside of bankruptcy.
- Dischargeability of tax claims in bankruptcy.
- Determining priorities of unsecured tax claims in bankruptcy.
- Federal tax liens outside of bankruptcy.
- Federal tax liens inside bankruptcy, including exemptions and postpetition after-acquired property.
- Tax claims and liens in a Chapter 7.
- Tax claims and liens in a Chapter 11.
- Tax claims and liens in a Chapter 13.
- Litigating tax issues in bankruptcy court, including objection to claims, determining whether tax claims are dischargeable, and determining tax liabilities under 11 U.S.C. 505
- Separate entity rules under IRC 1398.
- State and local tax issues involving the California Franchise Tax Board (income tax), California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (sales and use tax), and the Employment Development Department (payroll tax).
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code. § 528(a)(4). For further information, please see the Debt Relief Agency Disclaimer.